Sequential (144) Baud rate

https://johnchihau.blogspot.com/2026/04/take-look_01810727956.html?m=1

.

Ref: https://johnchihau.blogspot.com/2026/07/take-look.html?m=1

.


.


.

.
John: See the 3rd picture.  It's a Counter. I only need the output of  bit 4 .
Me: Ok.
John : If I only need the output of bit 4, that mean I divide the frequency of the System Clock line by 4.
.
__
.

John :  See the 2nd Picture.  There're 2 multiplexers. The 1st multiplexer has 2 selectors.  That mean,  you can divide the frequency of the System Clock by 4.

Me: Ok.

John: See the 2nd Multiplexer. It has 3 selectors. That mean, you can divide the frequency of the System Clock line by 8.

Me: Oh! God.

John : I give you a list.

.

2 selectors in a multiplexer.  The frequency of the System Clock line is divided by 4.

.

3 selectors in a multiplexer.  The frequency of the System Clock line is divided by 8.

.

4 selectors in a multiplexer.  The frequency of the System Clock line is divided by 16.

.

Me: Ok.

.

John : Now,  see the 1st picture.  It said , if the sel is 1.0.0, the baud rate is 2398 bits per second.

Me: Ok.

John: In another words,  it is Sel 1 = 1, Sel 2 = 0 and Sel 3 = 0.


Comments